Our low programs fees allow anyone wishing to volunteer in Uganda the opportunity to do so. Unlike other volunteer organizations, the Program fees are based on the actual cost of living in our Ugandan program placements.
Our entire volunteer trips are packaged with various group excursions, so you can see the best of what Uganda has to offer.
A onetime registration fee of $270 (USD) is payable once you have been accepted into your chosen program. Your registration fee gives you 24/7 support while in your chosen placement, administration costs and costs associated to AVA for the up keep of all programs.
|Number of Weeks||Program Fees|
All fees are indicated in US Dollars. To convert these prices to your local currency click here.
If you wish to volunteer for longer, please contact us.
Please note: All programs attract a Registration Fee of $270 USD on top of the Program Fee.
What do my fees pay for?
Registration Fee (not refundable if you choose not to go*) – ongoing support from AVA staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
Program fee payments are due in full 1 (one) month prior to your placement starting and covers for your:
- Safe, clean, comfortable local housing, Guest House, inspected by our local project coordinator.
- Meals: 3 meals per day – Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Special meals at requests for vegetarians.
- Airport pick up – by our project coordinator (At any time, any day!)
- Guidance and support of a local project coordinator, 24/7 in case of emergency.
- Orientation/city briefing on arrival by our Ugandan project coordinator.
- Placement in a quality project, allowing you to maximize your time and efforts in a good cause.
- Transfer to project site with our project coordinator. Includes introduction to local staff and community members with whom you will be working with.
What additional costs will I have?
Visa, flights, travel insurance (mandatory), vaccinations, criminal background check, excursions, Daily transportation (to and from your projects), transfer back to airport at conclusion of program, souvenirs, spending money (volunteers in Uganda generally find US$30 to be sufficient for basic weekly expenses).